Rules for 2020 Shine ’n Star Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. TO ENTER: Submit electronically, either online, via Facebook or by e-mail, a high-resolution photograph of your vehicle (preferably 300 dpi). Or submit a 3”x 5” or 4”x 6” color print photograph of your tow truck (vehicle must be a truck) with an official entry form (or copy of a form) designating which category you are entering.
Please ensure entry meets the following specifications:
• A completed entry form with each entry.
• Horizontal shots preferred.
• Photos may not be stapled, glued, taped or mounted to anything.
• One truck per photo.
• No people in photos please.
Entries not meeting the stated requirements are subject to disqualification at Tow Times’ discretion.
Categories: (*Trucks will be categorized by the chassis GVW): All trucks entered must be currently working trucks in your company’s fleet. For entries from states requiring registration, your trucks must currently be registered as working wreckers or tow trucks. Light-Duty Tow Truck (10,001 – 19,950 lbs. Gross Axle Weight Rating); Medium-Duty Tow Truck (Min Gross Axle Weight Rating 19,501 lbs., max towing/recovery unit 24 tons, max engine up to 10-liter); Heavy-Duty Tow Truck (Min Gross Axle Weight Rating 35,000 lbs., min towing/recovery unit 25 tons. Tandem axles required. Min 10-liter factory-installed engine, air brake equipped.); Car Carrier (Any class); and Working Truck (Any class; Over 150,000 working miles registered; must be a currently working truck. Trucks used only in parades or only for show display are not considered working trucks).
If mailing, send the photos along with an Official Entry Form for each entry to “2020 Shine ’n Star Contest,” 203 West SR 434, Winter Springs FL 32708. Overnight deliveries can be sent to the same address. If no Official Entry Form is available, mail the photo along with your tow truck category, name, address and home and work telephone numbers to the above address. Or enter online at shinenstar.com or via the Tow Times Facebook page by clicking the Shine ’n Star tab.
Companies that entered a truck in the 2019 Shine ’n Star Contest and won are not eligible to submit an entry into this year’s contest. Trucks that have won any prize in previous Tow Times beauty contests are ineligible to enter.
Photo cannot have been previously published and you or your company must OWN the pictured truck and all proprietary rights to photo submitted. Proof of ownership may be required. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE STATED ADDRESS BY JUNE 30, 2020. Enter as many different trucks as you like but ONLY ONE ENTRY PER SPECIFIC TOW TRUCK (each truck may be entered in only one category). Tow Times reserves the right to re-categorize entries. Ford Motor Company and Tow Times are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, postage due or misdirected mail. Entries or photos that have been retouched, mutilated, altered, tampered with or illegible are void. All entries and photos become the property of Tow Times and will not be returned. All entries received after June 30, 2020, will be returned unopened.
Unless otherwise prohibited, submission of entries into the 2020 Shine ’n Star Contest constitutes permission to Tow Times to publish entries, in whole or in part, in Tow Times magazine and electronically, and to use photo for advertising and publicity purposes for this or similar promotions, without compensation. Entrants warrant that they have obtained permission from any copyrighted material.
3. PRIZES: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A $1,000 cash prize, commemorative plaque, and the winning photo entry on the cover of the November 2020 Tow Times issue. Tow Times will provide the photographer. (Approximate Retail Value for total prize “ARV”: $1,800); FIVE (5) FIRST PRIZES (one in each truck category): $500 cash; winner’s photo will appear on a 2018 or 201 Tow Times cover and commemorative plaque (ARV: $1,250); FIVE (5) SECOND PRIZES (one in each truck category): $300 cash; commemorative plaque (ARV: $350); FIVE (5) THIRD PRIZES (one in each truck category): $200 cash; commemorative plaque (ARV: $250).
4. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to any legal resident of the United States or Canada who is 18 years or older and is employed by a company which owns one or more tow trucks in the categories described in paragraph 2 above. Companies that entered a truck in the 2019 Shine ’n Star Contest and won are not eligible to submit an entry into the 2020 contest. Stockholders and employees of TT Publications Inc., Ford Motor Company and their respective advertising, public relations, promotion and judging agencies, and their respective immediate families living in the same household, are not eligible to enter this Contest. By entering or accepting a prize in this Contest, winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes are the winners’ responsibility. No prize substitutions, transfers or cash equivalents permitted except at the sole discretion of the Ford Motor Company. If a prize is not generally available at program’s end, a substitution of equal or greater value will be made at the Ford Motor Company’s sole discretion. An Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release must be executed and returned by winners within 15 days after receipt of the forms, or prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Unless otherwise prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes permission to Tow Times to publish winning entries, in whole or in part, in Tow Times Magazine and electronically, and to use winner’s photo and winner’s name, likeness, and address (city and state) for advertising and publicity purposes for this or similar promotions, without further compensation. Entrants warrant that they have obtained permission from any copyrighted material.
5. WINNERS: Winning entries must be owned by the company submitting the entry and available for photography at the time winners are determined. Entries not owned by the submitting company will be disqualified. Winners agree to release and hold harmless TT Publications Inc. and Ford Motor Company, their respective directors, officers, employees, attorneys and agents, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability that may arise from their acceptance or use of any prize or their participation in this promotion, or from any misuse or malfunction of any prize award.
6. PEOPLE’S CHOICE: Judging for this category will be done electronically via shinenstar.com. Any company caught or suspected of utilizing a VPN or other methods of fraudulent voting will be automatically disqualified. Votes are limited to 1 IP address per day.
7. JUDGING OF CONTEST: Entries will be judged by independent judges whose decisions are final and binding in all respects regarding this contest. Winners will be selected on or before August 15, 2020, in accordance with the following weighted standards:
Overall Appearance – 40%
Originality of Color/Graphics – 30%
Execution of Graphics – 30%
In the event of a tie, winner will be determined based upon the higher “overall appearance” score.
8. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted.
9. To receive a complete list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after November 1, 2020, to 2020 Shine ’n Star Contest Winners List, 203 West SR 434, Winter Springs FL 32708.
10. The Sponsor of this Contest is Ford Motor Company. The Publisher of this Contest is TT Publications Inc., 203 West SR 434, Winter Springs FL 32708.